Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful for all I have...



What is Thanksgiving to you? This year I just want to let people know what I am thankful for.

First and foremost, I am thankful that I have a God that is there for me in good times and bad, who has given me hope for the future and to know I have eternal life with him in Heaven.

Secondly, I am thankful for a wonderful husband who has always been there. In good times and bad, I can always count on him. Who would have thought 13 years ago, our lives would be where they are today. I couldn't ask for a husband who is a better dad and who has given up so much for all of us.

Thirdly, I am thankful for my sweet daughter who is the light of my world. She is the best treasure a mom could ask for. She is considerate and thoughtful, along with spunky and forward. I couldn't ask for a better little girl. I can't even put into words what she means to me. Time is just flying by...

I am thankful for this sweet little boy that has opened a whole new world for us. I couldn't have asked for a better little son. He has been such a blessing to us. People say, we are a blessing to him but really he is the biggest blessing to us. I thank God for making a way for Aiden to join our family. I thank God that the staff at Foshan Nan Hai took great care of him and the wonderful doctors who saved his life.

I am thankful for a wonderful mom and dad who have always been there for us. My dad always said through good and bad your family will always be there for you. They instilled Christian values that have never departed... you may stray but you always come back to what makes you - you . My family has made me who I am. My mom is my best friend (well along with my sister)!

I am thankful for a wonderful brother and sister. We truly have a bond that cannot and will not be broken. I appreciate you both so much. We certainly have the stories to tell of growing up. We won't mention dressing DJ up as a girl and sending him to the neighbors. You both have grown into great parents and for that you should be so proud. I am thankful that you have married wonderful people that compliment you so well. Heather you are the best person with the biggest heart. Who would have thought my "little" sister would be so big to me.

I am thankful that Chad comes from a great and loving family. It makes him who he is today. I am thankful for having Christian grandparents who have been the rock of our family from the start. You have taught me about giving and putting Christ first. Sometimes when you are growing up you roll your eyes at these things, but again it never has left me. I always remember my grandfather saying, "Take time to read and pray", not really understanding the importance of this until later in life.

I am thankful for my wonderful friends. I have so many that I don't see but I know we will always be there for each other. There is nothing more comfortable then an old friend who loves you just the way you are. It is fun remembering the past... it is what has made me who I am. I am so thankful for my new friends, especially in the adoption community, we have such a special bond. I am thankful for my support group friends from silent grief, I can't say enough about the strength of these women.

I am thankful for all the wonderful things that have happened in my life. Thanksgiving is the day I found out I was pregnant with Chase 2 years ago - I am thankful that God has allowed me to go through this experience. Do I still hurt from it? Of course I do, and I still do not understand why, but I have embraced that this is the path God has choosen for me. I do believe that we have been blessed with a beautiful family, and wonderful little boy who is such a joy and makes us smile so much. Then there is Chase who lives in heaven and one day we will see him. Taylor reminds me all the time about Chase in heaven, she tells her teacher that she will see him one day again. She is wise beyond words.

I know that there is a bigger purpose out there for my life, and I think with the hardships comes a bigger picture - like what can I do to help others? How can I be a blessing to someone? What does God want me to do? I tell Chad all the time there is a bigger picture out there for us... so who knows exactly what that is, but I know there is a plan. I know to some people may think I have gone out of my mind by sharing so much, but why keep what we feel inside. I have learned that life is short, I don't want to live with regrets and the biggest regret is not letting people know how I feel about them and how important they are.

So, Happy Thanksgiving and for those of you who I am not with on this day, I wish I were and I miss and love you all... I have to write when the feelings come and this has been on my mind. Thankfulness, I have alot to be thankful for..



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
Your blog is beautiful... one minute I am smiling and the next minute I have tears in my eyes becuase it's so touching. God has truly blessed our family beyond measure. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
May God Bless all of you and keep you safe as you travel.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I am in tears.. love you !!

-your sister

Anonymous said...

This is truly Thanksgiving. It is not material things,but the heartfelt! I love you guys!

Love,
Dad


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones