Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Looking Back... 14 years ago...






This picture was Chad meeting Taylor for the first time. He was in Korea for the first year and was home on a break... they haven't skipped a beat even with all his deployments. She loves her dad...



These are the two best things that came out of that 14 years..


Getting Aiden was just so emotional and wonderful... something special to be shared



This was our little guy waiting for us... he carried our photobook around..

I wanted to put a shout out to my husband "Happy Anniversary", yes he has been away for this one too! I think in our 14 years we have been apart 4 of them. I tell him that is what makes us strong. On the 17th Chad and I were married 14 years, it is amazing how time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday yet so much has happened in all that time. I remember calling home from Montana and telling my parents I was getting married. I think my mom was ready to faint. Chad and I had only been dating 8 months! I think if Taylor would come to me and tell me that I would have to fly to wherever she is and see what was going on... the things we put our parents through. I have to say that our love has just grown through the years and I am so thankful for such a great husband and father. Chads mom did a great job with him...

We have had great years together and then some tough years. Deployments 8 years in a row, the passing of my son while Chad was in Iraq - I still will never understand why God would allow something like that to happen - but I keep telling myself this: "I believe everyone serves a purpose in your life and when they leave your life it means they've served that purpose. Even if you don't know what that purpose is.." Our challenges have made us who we are today and I am so thankful for such a great guy to share things with. Here is a flash back of some of those years...

2 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Heidi,

Happy Anniversary! I saw where you left a comment on Joy's blog (my daughter)!

You have a lovely family! Your daughter is pretty and your son is a cutie!

You'll love homeschooling! It's such a blessing! If you want to talk about it, email me! I'd be glad to!

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Unknown said...

Hope you have a wonderful 14th Wedding Anniversary!!! We will have our 13th in July! :) Yeah for strong marriages (through Christ)!! I wanted to comment to thank you for visiting my blog, and we still have about 2 more weeks to go (delay because of two trips)---so I would just say, I LOVE HOMESCHOOLING!! I would recommend visiting HSLDA.org website...they all a vast amount of information...if anything you can email me!!! Thanks for visiting, and your children are precious!! :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones