Sunday, October 26, 2008

Chuckie Cheese, potty...





Well, Aiden had a big day today. He got to experience "Chuckie Cheese", because Taylor had a party with one of her friends there. He was totally into it, a little scared at first with some of the rides but he loved it. It is great to see him growing and doing normal kid things. He isn't just standing by us any more he is venturing out. I just am amazed at the progress he has made since he has joined our family. He is just such a joy and blessing. I look at him and am so thankful that we are blessed by him. He is a really happy kid (most of the time). The tantrums have died down and I am so happy about that. I have to admit there were days were I was thinking, "OH MY"! I still think of his biological mom and look at him and think about what she is missing. As a mom, you can't help but feel compassion for someone who gave up their child.

I also had a surprise when we got home. He points "down below" when he wets himself or goes "number 2", well I could tell he was going to go so I told him to sit on the potty. We had tried it before just to introduce it to him and he just laughed or cried... well he sat there for 10 minutes and then he pointed. I couldn't believe it he actually went - (both things). He was so proud of himself. I know to some people they probably think this is not a big deal. But considering we have only had him in the states for a little over a month and he is 2, I thought it was great.

Taylor is doing well with him too. She still carries him around like her baby doll, but he doesn't seem to mind. Right now they are playing house and she has 2 necklace around his neck, a diaper bag on his shoulder and is making him carry the baby, and she is calling him "sir"...










2 comments:

autumnesf said...

It is amazing how far these little ones come. I am completely in awe of the human mind and body after watching Alia grow and change.

I too can't help but think of the mother, somewhere in China. But I have to confess I am usually shaking my head and thinking "How could she give this uP??? This child is brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Aidan is such a beautiful little guy-- you have done so much for him and he is BLOSSOMING!! God BLESS!! our daughter from China is soon to be 13!! I,too, wonder how often her birthparents think of her!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones